Date : Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Time : 11:14 pm

Underpass

Do you know of
An ocean beneath the earth
The secret bloodlines of the concrete Goliaths
Gushing torrents beneath the ground?

In this sea I lose myself
The roar of the crowd - in waves and swarms they come
And me -- a ghost, if you will;
Weaving through the endless flow
I see, but do not perceive
Hear, but do not listen.
Sweet melodies from the busker - lonesome but dignified - a plea to your ears sirs and ma'ams,
and maybe some shillings from your pockets please.
With not a second look, I pass.

Fluid are my thoughts; fluid like the crowd.

Drifting

Floating


Swept away -



into oblivion.



and when I am finally washed ashore,
Reality beckons.
very unwilling, I return.



pardon me my feeble attempt at trying to coax my literary skills (if they were ever existent in the first place) out of their prolonged slumber. i dont even know whether this lame attempt can be considered as a poem. i just felt that i couldnt convey the feeling in plain prose, which explains the jumbled mess above. in this aspect i can never match benjamin, who writes just too handsomely. :)

i am crazy over bubble tea lately, as is the sister too. :P

decisions are never easy to make. not when you have so many factors for consideration thrown at you. i can no longer count the number of discussions i've conducted with my dearest friends & family, neither can i recount the number of times i have swung from one inclination to another. this decision is an extremely difficult one, one that lords over my destiny for the next 3/4 years, one that i will have to make ultimately and not look back on. OH BUT COME ON JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!! :/




I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without
--- teardrops on my guitar by taylor swift